Host an Event in Your Hometown
Mount Vernon donors are in all 50 states and in countries around the world. Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association board members represent 23 states, and our professional development team travels all across the country.
We can bring Mount Vernon to you for lectures, dinners, and special events.
Introduce Us to Others
Share the legacy of George Washington and the mission of Mount Vernon with your friends, family, and neighbors. We would be delighted for you to pass this information along, and we are always happy to discuss the goals of the Campaign for Mount Vernon.
Remember Mount Vernon in Your Estate Plans
- Take care of family first, then give Mount Vernon a percentage of whatever might remain—or a specific gift amount if you prefer. Make a real and lasting difference for future generations.
- This can be for life or a period of time. This can be done now or in your will or trust to provide for surviving loved ones later on. These trusts can even provide special benefits and reduce or avoid capital gains tax entirely. Better yet, the trust can also sell and reinvest trust assets free of capital gains tax.
- Such tax-wise gifts can save substantial income tax bills for your heirs. Just give other low-cost basis assets to loved ones and all or part of your retirement plan to Mount Vernon. New tax laws make this an even smarter decision for many.
- Make Mount Vernon the beneficiary of any of your bank, brokerage, or other securities accounts. These are easy and simple to do. No legal hassle. Just fill out a simple form at your bank or with your securities dealer.
- You can name Mount Vernon as the beneficiary or even give the policy outright today and get an immediate charitable tax deduction.
Would you like to learn more or just discuss estate planning or other possibilities? Contact Carolina Camargo for more information or for a free copy of the booklets How to Protect Your Rights with a Will or How to Make a Will that Works.
Add meaning to your gift by designating it to honor or memorialize someone special to you.
Make a real difference for future generations that you will never meet. General Washington had no idea of the impact he would have hundreds of years after his passing. He left a real legacy for which we are all grateful. So can you.
Suggested Bequeath Wording
After fulfilling all other specific provisions, I give, devise and bequeath_% of the remainder ( or $ __ if a specific amount) of my estate to Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union [Tax ID #54-0564701] a charitable corporation located in Virginia with the mailing address of P. 0. Box 110 Mount Vernon, VA 22121 to support the Historic Area Endowment.
Suggested bequest wording if important to include specific assets:
After fulfilling all other specific provisions, I give, devise and bequeath _% of the remainder ( or $ __ if a specific amount or identify a particular asset) of my estate to Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union [Tax ID #54-0564701] a charitable corporation located in Virginia with the mailing address of P.O. Box 110 Mount Vernon, VA 22121 to support the Historic Area Endowment.